dance,

Tuesday, June 17, 2008



Consumer Gobler


The image puts forth an idea.

Are you a consumer?
No, I'm a gobbler.
I am repeatedly told that I am a consumer.
But, I am uninterested in being a consumer simply because I like to gobble.
True gobblers are free to gobble.
Consumers have no freedom.
because that is who and what they think they are.
Who tells me the I am a consumer.
And, why is that what I think of myself?
I say that I am a consumer because being a consumer is what I have been trained to believe, think and do.
Now, those who have trained us to be consumers also trained the Soviets to believe that that they are or were Communists.
Have things changed for them, are they being told now that they have been liberated and must become the new consumers along with the Chinese?
And how about us here in America, are we to we being consumers, and if so what will we be be referred to and call ourselves now after we have renounced our dependence upon and enslavement to consuming?

Are we now to be sustainers.
And, if so, what shall we sustain?
Are we being developed to sustain being consumers. Certainly, if we sustain being consumers China, who is the grand generator and producer of stuff will shortly follow suit becoming a nation of three billion consumers. Imagaine?
Are we to sustain our consuming for ever and ever
so some can sustain being rich forever and others poor forever.

Consumer ? In that I am previously called a husbandman and a caretaker, and my best talents are in stewarding the abundant living resources that generate and produce life energy from the good earth, that the God of Grace and Love has provided for me. Then yes, I may begin to view myself as a Sustainer of those precious resources. For, God alone is the Sustainer of Life.

Bear in mind that there is nothing wrong with open markets and free exchange.
The problems have been in the past with closed markets and taxed exchange.
Where there is openness and freedom there is balance. —Jeseppi Trade Wildfeather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home