dance,

Saturday, July 12, 2008



Lying To Yourself

you have heard it said
"you can lie to others ...
but, your can't lie to yourself."

bulloney!

most people lie to themselves all the time
living in their fantasies and irrational stories
how many people do you know
whom you have tried for years
to convince of a certain truth
a truth as sure as the nose on their faces
like
you're an alcoholic
yet, being is some wicked state of denial
they utterly refuse to accept it
neither to you
or in front of the mirror

but one day
it comes home to roost
and maybe at the end
the truth will come out
and still we justify ourselves

you wanna know what salvation is
you hear people saying that they are "born again"
salvation is when some poor bastard
stops lying to him/her-self
and gets down on hands and knees and says
God forgive me
i'm a no good mother fucker
and that ain't changing
my wife left me
my kids hate me
my dog dun ran off
my girlfriends yawn when i talk
i'm drunk or high half the time
i'm depressed
i'm sick
i'm dying
i'm alcoholic [perverted, weird, hung-up, a sex maniac, issolated, burnt, broke and whatever else may fit your dilemma ... a hypocrite, self righteous, and on and on]
and then you say>
"Lord, SAVE me"
and he does
and you know that he did inside
... that's how you know you been born again,
... you BEEN born again
and then he heals you and sets you free
from "lying to yourself"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home